Social Media Advertising is the fastest growing marketing trend of the past 2 years, but getting an advertising strategy in place that’s right for you and your business can certainly be overwhelming.
But what does ‘Social Media Advertising’ even mean? And how do these adverts fit in to your Social Media Strategy?
Social media advertising, or social media targeting, are advertisements that are placed in front of users on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. The social networks take user information and behaviours to show highly relevant advertisements based on interactions within a specific platform. In many instances, social advertising can provide huge increases in conversions and sales. If you’re savvy with your strategy, you can even target new customers who are identical to those you already sell your product or service to.
Its benefits extend far beyond increasing sales, but what are the key advantages of spending time and money on social media advertising? Our advertising expert Alex has outlined the top 5 reasons to consider in putting a Social Media Advertising strategy in place to grow your business:
- Increases your brand awareness – by promoting your brand you are getting your potential customers familiar with your business and seeing that you are authentic. People tend not to trust your business until they see your brand at least 3 times which is why it is important to be seen regularly, and Social Media Advertising can help with this.
- Increases your sales – you can’t make money without spending some! By spending money on advertising a product or service, you can increase how much you are selling as the advert puts your product in front of people that match your demographic but wouldn’t normally see what you are selling.
- Improves your existing audience – by doing a ‘Page Like’ advert it will put your Facebook page in front of people that match your set audience and encourage them to like the page. This then increases your audience for future adverts.
- Find your more detailed audience – By running adverts and checking the analytics after it’s run you can see a more detailed version of all the people that have engaged with the advert the most. By collecting this data, you can then fine tune your audience for future adverts.
- Detailed targeting – If you have set up the Facebook pixel code and added it to the code on your website you can then target anyone that has visited your website directly. This way you know you are advertising your product to people that have already shown an interest in your business.
- Increase your existing audience – by using your current audiences you can make ‘Look-a-like’ audience which targets people that are like the people in your existing audience which in turn increases your reach.
And if all of this is still a little overwhelming, or you’d rather spend time focussing on the inner workings of your business, we can put a social media advertising strategy in place for you! Just get in touch with the Social Progress team via firstname.lastname@example.org