Have you heard about the Wakefield Business Conference 2015 hosted by the Mid-Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce? Social Progress is exhibiting at this year’s conference on Wednesday 24th June 2015 at Unity Works in Wakefield.
We will be one of forty companies exhibiting and our very own Janet Bebb will be one of seven speakers who will be presenting during the day. Janet will be speaking about “Social Media Crisis Management – Ready, Steady, Relax it’s Under Control” and her session will be 1:45pm – 2:15pm.
We, Janet and Esther, attended the Conference Induction last week where we got to meet a few of the other exhibitors and speakers. It took us a while to find the correct entrance (we had an “it’s behind you!” moment)… but once we found it we were impressed by the building (check out the drumstick feature wall!). We were warmly welcomed by Tracy Smith (Mid-Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce) and taken to the meeting room/bar area/minor hall.
Richard Norman, from Brand Yorkshire, presented the induction and updated us on what to expect on the day. He also gave the attendees some helpful tips and pointers about networking to help us make the most of the day:
- Keep continuity across the exhibition display/stand (branding)
- Bring plenty of business cards and don’t forget to ask people for theirs – make a note on each one what services/products they were interested in
- Prepare your elevator pitch and make sure it’s not sales-y
- Don’t be sat down all the time – this creates an immediate barrier between a delegate and exhibitor
- Get involved on social media! @SocialProgress @brandyorkshire and @MYBizConfs will be active on the day and leading up to it (as well as @SoProJanet and @SoProEsther)
- Join and get involved with the discussions in the Brand Yorkshire LinkedIn Group
- Wear appropriate clothing to represent your business and ladies think about appropriate footwear – there will be a LOT of standing about and there are quite a few sets of stairs!
- Smile and enjoy the day – no one wants to talk to someone who looks grumpy
Part of the induction included a tour of the applicable rooms and facilities which will be in use on the 24th. During this tour Tracy informed Janet that the 30 people she was expecting to present to was closer to 100! No pressure Janet! – She’ll do a great job!
We’re really looking forward to being there, seeing everyone and meeting lots of lovely new people! Are you planning to come? If so don’t forget to come and give us a #SoProHigh5!
It’s going to be a great event so start building a buzz and connect on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and LinkedIn! Our social media links are below… Don’t forget to use the #MYCW2015 hashtag which is the official hashtag for the Conference and whether you’re an organiser, exhibitor, speaker or delegate do give us a #SoProHigh5!
See you there?