Kirklees College will be launching its new Apprenticeship in Retail at a free advisory event aimed at retailers in Kirklees.
Local entrepreneur and internationally renowned sales expert, Nicky Pattinson kicks off the Retailer in Kirklees event, a new initiative by Kirklees College to help retail business within the region develop their customer service and grow profit.
All retailers of any size from across the region are invited to attend the free skills and business advisory event at the Galpharm Stadium on Monday 5 March at 4pm and will include a buffet dinner.
The specialist panel is made up of experts such as Nicky Pattinson, The Huddersfield Town Centre Partnership, Jenka Training, Social Progress, and of course Kirklees College themselves will offer practical advice in the following areas:
• the importance of customer service to increase sales
• choosing the right human resource strategy; recruiting and maintaining quality staff
• training and development of staff through effective leadership and management
• understanding the Retail Apprenticeships and how they can benefit your business
• planning for sustainability and growth
• how can the Town Centre Partnership support you?
• using social media to your business advantage
The Apprenticeship in Retail will begin from April 2012 and will include modules in maths, English, employee rights and responsibilities and the retail industry in general. This Apprenticeship will give students the right set of qualifications, knowledge and experience to progress into managerial roles within the retail sector.
A ‘Retailer in Kirklees’ group has been set up on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com which will provide an on-going support network for sharing best practice amongst local retailers.
Retailers can book a place at this event by telephone 01484 437000, Text KC RIK followed by your NAME to 67777 or via the LinkedIn group.
Find out more about Kirklees College www.kirkleescollege.ac.uk