Social Progress has come a long way since Janet Bebb set up the Social Media Agency in 2011. So to celebrate our birthday on 31st October, we’ve highlighted our top 8 memorable moments from across the past 8 years. Were you with us for any of them?
1. Moved Into Social Progress HQ – Janet Bebb started Social Progress in 2011 and as we’ve grown, we’ve moved into our now ‘famous’ corner office in Honley, Holmfirth. Having the office opened more doors to becoming an established and maturing business as well as enabled us to use the office as a base for training and networking events alike (do you remember Cheese Fest Fridays?)
2. Team SoPro Grows! – Over the past couple of years our team has grown to 6 people; Janet Bebb, Rebecca Hopwood, Luis Alcantarilla, Alex Bebb, Mel Constantinou and Esther Orridge. You may have seen them in the office or at various networking events, or even online!
3. Extended Services – Each member of the team brings different skills and insights to the table, meaning that we’re able to offer more for our clients than ever before including photography, video, design, analytics, Augmented Reality Marketing and more…
4. Facebook She Means Business – Janet Bebb and Esther Orridge are 2 of only 30 Facebook Accredited She Means Business Trainers in the UK (and currently the only ones in Yorkshire!) They were both invited to Facebook HQ in London for training along with the other Digital Marketing Specialists in the Facebook She Means Business Programme. They were all given exclusive training tools from the Facebook team to deliver training on their behalf under the banner of the Programme.
5. Partnerships – We’ve Partnered with Topic UK, #MYnetworkHUD, Kirklees Stadium Development Ltd (John Smith’s Stadium), Kirklees Business Conference (Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce) and others which has allowed us to connect with and support a wider network of people across West Yorkshire.
6. Awards and Large Tender Wins – We’ve been nominated for various awards, won a Chamber Business Award for Best Use of Social Media and were Finalists for the UK Blog Awards for 2 consecutive years. Being awarded large tenders has also helped Social Progress to be recognised as ‘experts’ in our field and extended our client reach across the Yorkshire region and beyond.
7. Big Screen Social Twitter Wall – in 2016 we launched our very own Twitter Wall software which has been used at various conferences and events to engage exhibitors, speakers and delegates alike with the event hashtag – in effect turning them into advocates for the events themselves. You can find out more about Big Screen Social at www.bigscreensocial.com
8. Best Year Yet & More To Come! – We have our largest number of clients EVER and have had a record year in terms of sales and client retention rates. Watch this space for 2020 as we don’t plan to stop here! #WatchThisSpace
There are so many more memories from across the years which we couldn’t fit into this blog. But we’d still like to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have walked, supported and celebrated with us along our business journey. And, of course, a HUGE THANK YOU goes to our clients too! We wouldn’t be where we are today without all of your support – both online and offline!
What has been your most memorable moment of Social Progress so far?
If you’re interested to know more about how we can help you take your digital marketing to the next level, give us a call on 01484 506336 to chat about through Social Media Strategy & Management or Training options to suit your business.