Location: Honley, Holmfirth
Salary: Dependent on experience
Social Media Account Manager
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday – Office Based Role
We’re recruiting for that certain someone to join our team.
So who do you know that knows their hashtags from their hash browns, their LinkedIn from their Link Clicks & their Instagram posts from lamp posts?
Someone who is active on social media themselves and is confident with the likes of Canva, creating Stories and Reels.
Ideally we would like someone who can create and manage organic social media and some paid social advertising, shares ideas, comes up with suggestions for our clients, and input into Social Progress’s online digital marketing.
The candidate will be a proactive individual with a team spirit and a desire to support their colleagues. Is comfortable in picking up the phone or meeting clients, will actively build our client base, and someone who lives and breathe our values of openness, honesty and integrity.
They’ll be working alongside others in the team to share best practice and support one another, but will also have a portfolio of clients that they will build relationships with, to get the best possible results for all our clients
We’re looking for a creative ideas person with a fun personality. Someone proactive in their approach who’s happy to contribute and not waiting to be given instructions but recognises things may need the team’s input and approval.
The role includes the following elements, some of which will be taught as part of the role, but the more you currently have experience of the better:
- Multiple client social media content management
- Creative content generation – multi-media, video and written
- Client and Social Progress’s website updates / blogs / newsletters
- Email marketing campaigns
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) updates
- General Administration
Social Media, Creative Content Creation and Website Updates
- Set up and optimise social media accounts for clients
- Take part in and record the details in social media strategy and planning meetings
- Create dynamic and highly visual graphics, photography, videos, animation, gifs and copy for social media posts
- Proactively post to client’s social media accounts – LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Google My Business, X (formally Twitter), YouTube, Pinterest, TripAdvisor and other social media sites where required
- Formulate targeted social media advertisements based on key client objectives
- Respond to posts left by visitors on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Google Reviews, X (formally Twitter), YouTube, Pinterest, Trip Advisor and other social media sites where required
- Measure and analyse stats from organic social media posts and paid promotions
- Check and update website blogs and pages on behalf of clients
- Write, format and send email campaigns on behalf of clients
The role of a Social Media Account Manager is varied. We are looking for someone who understands the value of communication through social media channels and can think and work creatively to achieve client goals. The core of this role involves running and managing a variety of social media channels on behalf of our clients.
The role is fast paced and time driven. As such we need an individual who is not afraid of busy days and managing multiple projects effectively at any one time.
Successful candidates will also look for opportunities for Social Progress as a business, and work proactively towards growing both the business and team.
As a member of a small, closely-knit team, successful candidates will also be expected to take part in general office duties, such as team meetings, handling enquiries, and completing admin tasks that support the business as a whole.
- Provide a telephone reception/messaging answering service, resolving or progressing initial response to customer queries or questions.
- Proactively post on our own social media accounts and your company profiles.
- Co-ordinate with Director, responses to any website enquiries.
- Write, upload, format and share regular blog posts for the business
- Assist with website updates and information related to events and services
- Write, format and send regular email campaigns for the business
- Developing administrative documentation and records on behalf of the Director
- Collate spreadsheets as required
- General office duties including photocopying, saving and filing of documents and computer-based information
Customer Relations Management (CRM)
- Input and update of all data related to actual and prospective customers onto the CRM system (Zoho) to build a customer base
- Use CRM to improve efficiency and maximise email marketing with customers and prospects
- Use CRM system for following regular contact strategy, relationship tracking ensuring follow up on leads.
- Integrate use of the system with social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. to raise awareness of the company’s, services and to build on existing customer relationships
- Ensure all data is kept in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations and is regularly updated and/or ‘cleansed’
- Additional duties as and when required
Education and Qualifications
Minimum: GCSE Maths and English.
Desirable: Qualification in Social Media, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Multimedia, Marketing, Video Marketing, Video Production, Photography, Creative Design.
Good / Excellent understanding of Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other creative design tools, apps and programmes.
Our core values are at the centre of everything we do. All members of our team are expected to hold their own core values that match and compliment our own:
- Work with honesty and integrity
• We are proud of what we do
• We have a passion for the Social Progress brand
• We have fun!
Ideally, we’d also love you very much if you, like us, hate the use of single use plastics and tries, wherever possible, not to use these harmful materials.
If you’re environmentally conscious and you’re looking to work with a friendly, fun, informal, but value driven business then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter about your suitability for the role. Please note: any applications which don’t adhere to these requirements will not be considered.
Please do also let us know the dates you are available for interview.
Deadline for applications is Friday 15th March at 5pm