It’s safe to say that technology has advanced at full speed over the past 20 years.
Whether it’s a computer, phone, software, hardware or actual products, you can see how it’s progressed in a very short space of time. We often take it for granted that we can communicate so easily via mobile phones alone; email, messenger and the good old text and call. Not to mention other social apps like Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
Not only has the way that we communicate personally changed, but the way we communicate as a business has changed, some might say even say improved. We recently had a discussion in the office about Fax machines and how no-one uses them anymore. However, you do still see some companies showcasing their Fax number on their marketing materials. Do you still use a Fax machine?
Social media is one of THE fastest developing forms of communication, with a whole plethora of different social media platforms to choose from and engage with. Big names like MySpace reigned from 2003 and were then overtaken by other social media giants that are still around today. Why? Because they have developed to meet the demand for their audience. Companies like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter didn’t just sit back and enjoy the ride of success. They continued to do their research and develop their products / offering and obtain user experience to ensure they stay relevant (and useful) to the current times and their new audiences. After all, there’s a new generation of youngsters entering the business-world every year!
From experience, we would say that Facebook is hands down the social media platform that changes and develops the most. The Social Progress Team work live on social media platforms on a daily basis, managing client accounts. So when there’s something new, we know about it pretty quickly!
With this in mind, we thought we’d highlight a few reasons as to WHY it’s a good idea to outsource your business social media. Whether it’s to an agency (*cough* us *cough*) or not, there are many benefits to having someone else manage your social media accounts. These are our top 5 reasons to outsource your social media:
- It saves you time. By having someone else manage your social media marketing, it takes the pressure from your shoulders so that you can concentrate on other tasks and running your business.
- Fresh perspective and specialist knowledge. Social Progress is almost 8 years old, so we’ve been doing this for a while. Working WITH us means that we can come to the table with a fresh pair of eyes and ears. Usually, when we start to work with a client, we make it a priority to get to know the business and the people behind it – so that we can represent the business appropriately online on behalf of the business. Building on the company foundations and values that already exist, we work with you (and your marketing individual or team) to create a Tailored Social Media Strategy and bring everything together.
- It’s cheaper to outsource than employ someone in-house. There’s much less paperwork and lower expenses involved. No commitment to paying a wage, national insurance etc. You simply pay for the time spent managing your social media accounts.
- Content creation and design. We have the tools and programmes to create social graphics, photos, videos and even GIFs to use on your social media. With some guidance from you (or the designated marketing person) we will plan and create content especially for your social accounts. If you don’t have a graphic designer (or a tight budget) we can adopt your branding and create simple graphics to illustrate your social content.
- Consistency. Most of our clients want their social media presence to be kept active to raise brand awareness and also encourage engagement. It’s important that both the frequency of posts and the actual content is consistent and showcases the business well. Finding that balance is one of the first things we do here at Social Progress in order to deliver strategic digital marketing. Our team ensure that client accounts remain active and engage the audience.
At the end of the day, the most common reason that businesses choose Social Progress to manage their social media accounts is for peace of mind. The most common objective for using social media is to raise brand awareness. Some clients have a social media advertising budget and some do not. Regardless of advertising budget, every single client is given the same attention to showcase their brand and optimise the opportunity to make the business known to their target audience.
Every client has a different reason for outsourcing their social media to us. That’s why we work with new clients to develop a Tailored Social Media Strategy and specify their objectives and identify their target audience. Whether your business is well-established, “getting there” or brand new, we’re here to help you develop your business and create opportunities through social media marketing.
Is social media working for your business?
Get in touch with the Team on 01484 506336 or drop us an email to email@example.com to find out how we can help you take your digital marketing to the next level.