At Social Progress, we’re looking at this year’s expectations for the ever developing and progressing landscape of social media. Here’s our top 5 trends to look out for in 2020 as Social Media platforms continue to grow and dominate our lives:
- The continued growth of social media. Facebook is used by 76% of adults in the UK alone! As platforms continue to develop and adjust to (try to) suit all demographics, and advertising being a key factor in generating leads and revenue, it shows no signs of slowing down with new platforms like TikTok.
- Ephemeral content will keep gaining traction. As attention-spans get shorter, the use of stories on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat will continue to dominate, with stories being short and disappearing after 24 hours; if you don’t use stories, you really need to get on board! It’s not as difficult as you might think…
- The removal of likes! Currently “likes” are seen as a vanity metric and widely thought of as being a major cause for problems resulting in users comparing themselves to others as well as having links to mental health issues. Instagram has trialled the removal of “likes” on posts and reported a positive reaction, only users can see likes on their own posts. Will it roll into other platforms?
- Video content… According to studies, by 2022, more than 80% of ALL online content will be video format. It seems like these experts have been saying this for years, but it’s true! Do you use video yet for your business? If you don’t, it’s time to start thinking seriously about it.
- AR – Augmented Reality! New to the scene and growing fast, it will definitely be used more and more in 2020; think Instagram story filters – they can change what you see on your screen instantly. Retail stores and e-commerce businesses could really maximise this and exploit new avenues to target and enhance user experiences.
Social Progress is here to help you leverage all of these trends, so get in touch with us to find out exactly how we can help you develop your 2020 vision. Call us on 01484 506336 or email email@example.com